This page was created by Anonymous. The last update was by Jason Wang.
Video Clip: Hua Ming Introduces a Young Man (Mulan in Disguise) to Mulan’s Father
| Hua Ming: Uncle. | 花明:叔叔。 |
| Hua Hu: Ming, what is it? | 花弧:明儿,什么事呀? |
| Hua Ming: Dear uncle, my mother has asked me to bid you goodbye. | 花明:叔叔,侄儿奉了家母之命,特来向您老人家辞行。 |
| Hua Hu: Where are you heading to? Far away from home? | 花弧:上哪儿去?预备出远门? |
| Hua Ming: To the border. | 花明:到边关去。 |
| Hua Hu: What for? | 花弧:去干什么? |
| Hua Ming: To join the army. | 花明:去从军。 |
| Hua Hu: That’s like a real guy of Hua family! Come here. | 花弧:这才是花家的后代!来,到里边谈。 |
| Hua Ming: Uncle, I have a friend who wishes to meet you. | 花明:叔叔,我有个朋友要拜访你。 |
| Hua Hu: Meet me? Who is it? | 花弧:拜访我?是谁? |
| Hua Ming: We’ll join the army together. He heard that you are a skilled soldier. He’d like to pay you his respects. He desires to test his abilities and also learn from you, in order to be prepared for the enemies. | 花明:是跟我一起从军的朋友。听说叔叔的武艺高强,特地来拜访你的。想试试自己的能力,也想跟叔叔学几招,好到边关去杀敌。 |
| Hua Hu: Good. I’m glad to hear that. You friend is very determined. Come on then. Where is he? I’ll teach him something. | 花弧:好,你这个朋友好。有这样的大志。来,我见见他,我都他几招。 |
| Mulan’s mother: Dear, you should get some rest. You’re still short of breath. (To Ming) Ming, tell your friend to come another time. | 木兰母:老头儿,你就歇着吧。你的喘病还没好呢。明儿,去对你那位朋友说请他改天再来吧。 |
| Hua Hu: His friend is very sincere. How can I refuse? His friend is determined. Ming, let’s go! | 花弧:人家诚心诚意地来请教我,我怎么可以不教人家呢?他这个朋友有志气。明儿,走! |